Sony Xperia ZR Overview :
Sony Xperia ZR is compliant with IP55 and IP58 for dust and water resistance. That means it can be used under water to depths of 1.5 meters (just under 5 feet) for up to 30 minutes. The CPU is a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 quad-core unit tuned to 1.5GHz. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is on board with 2GB of RAM and 8GB of storage (microSD up to 32GB). The display is 4.55-inches, TFT 1280×720 which works out to 323PPI. The main camera is a 13MP Exmor RS sensor.
Sony Xperia ZR Sim Unlocking:
Unlock 3 Hutchison UK Sony Xperia ZR to use any where in the world with any supported service provider like
Sony Xperia ZR Unlocking instructions:
1: Turn on phone with Not Accepted SIM card.
2: A menu will pop up to Insert the code.
3: Insert the provided code and press OK
4: Device is now unlocked.
How to Factory Reset/ Hard Reset Sony Xperia ZR:
How to Reset Sony Xperia ZR Pattern Lock:
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
- Check that if your phone is on.
- Browse to Settings -> Backup & reset -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Phone.
- Select option option “Erase everything”, and confirm that.
- First download flashtool from Sony website: http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/
- Make sure, that you have installed drivers for your USB data cable.
- Switch off your cell phone.
- Hold and press Volume Down, and connect to USB cable.
- Please follow the instructions in your screen, and accept appropriate options.
- Good job!
- Power off your device.
- Next hold and press Power button + Volume Up for about few seconds, or until you see menu of your screen.
- Afterwards follow the instructions on your screen.
- Back up your important files, and download PC Companion from here: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
- After installation you will see window with 4 options.
- Now hover your mouse over the option “Support Zone Now!” and click “Start”.
- Next please wait, until your program Install a suitable additive.
- Afterwards from the window with 3 options choose “Phone / Tablet Software Update”, and click “Start”.
- Then click to “repair my phone / tablet”.
- Accept all information’s.
- Now your program will run “preparing computer for software update”.
- Select your model.
- After that you will see window with information’s.
- Follow the instructions, and connect your device into your Personal Computer.
- Turn off your device.
- Next press and hold Power button + Volume Down a couple of times.
- Then release only Power button.
- After that you will feel, that your phone vibrates and you will see menu.
- Now use Volume Down to select option Clear Storage.
- Afterwards scroll to Restore Factory Settings using Volume Up, and Volume Down.
- To confirm operation use Power button.
- Accept operation -> select Yes.
How to Update Sony Xperia ZR to latest Firmware:
Update your software using PC Companion:
Before you start the software update, you need to have PC Companion installed on your computer.
Note: If you install PC Companion on a PC running the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system, make sure that the AutoPlay setting is enabled.
To enable the AutoPlay setting on a computer running Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system
- Click Start > Control Panel. In the search box, type “autoplay”, and then click AutoPlay.
- Mark the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices checkbox.
To Install PC Companion
- Turn on your new Android™ phone and connect it to a PC using a USB cable.
- New phone: Tap Install to install PC Companion on the PC.
- Computer: If a pop-up window that appears notifies you about available PC Software, select Run .
- Computer: Click Install to start the installation and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Tip: PC Companion is also available for download from the PC Companion download page.
Note: If you have just installed PC Companion on a computer, disconnect and then reconnect your phone before downloading the software updates.
To update your phone software using PC Companion
- Start your phone and connect it to a computer using a USB cable.
- Computer: Wait a few seconds for PC Companion to start. If PC Companion doesn’t start automatically, you can start it from the start menu on the computer.
- Computer: In the Support Zone application, click Start, and then select the Phone Software Update option. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: Do not disconnect the USB cable when updating your phone as it can damage the content being transferred.