SONY XPERIA E4 Overview :
Specs-wise, the Xperia E4 is as upper entry-level as it gets. A 5-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels will try to seduce your eyesight and a quad-core MediatTek MT6582 chipset, clocked at up to 1.3GHz, will cater to your needs. The Xperia E4 also comes with 1GB of RAM, 8GB of native storage (roughly 5 of which are available to the user), a microSD card slot, a 5MP rear camera, and a 2MP front-facing selfie snapper. We have no LTE on board, but at least the device comes in two versions – single- and dual-SIM ones. The OS of choice is Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
SONY XPERIA E4 Sim Unlocking :
Unlock OPTUS Australia SONY XPERIA E4 to use any where in the world with any supported service provider like
http://www.WorldGSMCodes.com/ Click here to buy Unlock code
SONY XPERIA E4 Unlocking instructions:
1: Turn on phone with Not Accepted SIM card.
2: A menu will pop up to Insert the code.
3: Insert the provided code and press OK
4: Device is now unlocked.
How to Factory Reset/ Hard Reset SONY XPERIA E4:
How to Reset SONY XPERIA E4 Pattern Lock:
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
- If the display is off, press the Power to turn it back on.
- Find and select Settings and then go to Backup & Reset.
- Then tap Factory Data Reset.
- Afterwards choose Reset device and tap Erase everything.
- Success! The hard reset has just been performed.
- At the beginning download flash tool from
Sony Website: http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/
- Make sure, that you have installed drivers for your USB data cable.
- Afterwards turn your device off.
- Then press and hold Volume Down, and connect to USB cable.
- Follow the instructions on your screen, and accept appropriate options.
- Switch off your cell phone.
- Next press and hold Power button + Volume Up for about few seconds.
- Release them, when you see menu on your screen.
- Now follow the instructions on your screen.
- First you should download PC Companion, in example
From here: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
- Install it and run.
- Next you will see window with 4 options.
- Choose option “Support Zone New!”, and click “Start”.
- Wait for the program to install the appropriate add-on.
- After that you will see next window with 3 options.
- Go to option “Phone / Tablet Software Update”, and click “Start”.
- Select “repair my phone / tablet”.
- Now follow the instructions and accept all information.
- Please be patient and wait until preparing computer for software update is complete.
- Afterwards choose your phone / tablet model.
- If you see this window, then connect your device into your PC.
- Power on your device.
- Now press Call button, and type: *#*#7378423#*#*
- Then you will see menu.
- From this menu choose option Customization Settings -> Reset customization.
- Confirm information: “data will be cleared and factory data reset will perform“.
- Accept with pressing Reset customization and reboot.
- Please be patient -> your device will reset and reboots.
How to Update SONY XPERIA E4 to Latest Firmware:
Update your software using PC Companion:
Before you start the software update, you need to have PC Companion installed on your computer.
Note: If you install PC Companion on a PC running the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system, make sure that the AutoPlay setting is enabled.
To enable the AutoPlay setting on a computer running Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system
- Click Start > Control Panel. In the search box, type “autoplay”, and then click AutoPlay.
- Mark the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices checkbox.
To Install PC Companion:
- Turn on your new Android™ phone and connect it to a PC using a USB cable.
- New phone: Tap Install to install PC Companion on the PC.
- Computer: If a pop-up window that appears notifies you about available PC Software, select Run .
- Computer: Click Install to start the installation and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Tip: PC Companion is also available for download from the PC Companion download page.
Note: If you have just installed PC Companion on a computer, disconnect and then reconnect your phone before downloading the software updates.
To update your phone software using PC Companion:
- Start your phone and connect it to a computer using a USB cable.
- Computer: Wait a few seconds for PC Companion to start. If PC Companion doesn’t start automatically, you can start it from the start menu on the computer.
- Computer: In the Support Zone application, click Start, and then select the Phone Software Update option. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: Do not disconnect the USB cable when updating your phone as it can damage the content being transferred.
How to Root SONY XPERIA E4:
You will lose all your data and it is possible that you may brick your device
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5. Head to Menu >> Settings >> Security on your device and enable the Unknown sources option.
6. Open the File Manager app on your device and install the app you copied earlier to your device.
7. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
8. Select Install SuperSU from the first drop down menu.
9. Select exploit, tap on it in the app.
10. The app should begin rooting your device, shouldn’t take too long to finish.
11. Reboot your device once it’s been rooted.
12. You’re all done! Excellent! You’ve successfully rooted your Android device using the app and you should now be able to see the SuperSU app in your App Drawer!
The new Android 5.0 Lollipop comes with many new features:
- Up to 4x performance improvements.
- A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 Min.
- It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device.
- More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication. See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen.
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
- SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware.
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC main profile to allow for UHD 4K 10-bit video playback, tunneled hardware video decoding to save power and improved HLS support for streaming.
And Other Cool Features.
Before you upgrade your device, there are some things you need to consider. First is you should back up all of your personal data on your smartphone. You also have to enable the USB Debugging is enabled. Last but not least, it is highly recommended to have the Sony Xperia E4 Dual fully charged. Therefore, you can be sure that the phone can stay on during the whole process.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM on Sony Xperia E4 Dual:
1. Download the ROM from the source below. Note that there are three parts of it. Please download all of them. After you download all of the files, put them all under the same folder. Then all you have to do is to double click the first part and the rest will combine automatically (you have to have WinRar program in order to do so)
The ROM File size is big, so I split the file into 3 parts :
- ROM Part 1 : http://howardforums.com/WHjTxn
- ROM Part 2 : http://howardforums.com/Hed5FC
- ROM Part 3 : http://howardforums.com/U4D0NU
Tutorial Video Easy Way To Download ROM: http://how-to-root.ga/video/10/
2. Visit Google Play Store and then download and install the ROM Manager. Alternatively, you can try using alternative application such as Jrummy Apps Inc.(Get it from Google Play Store).
3. Next, download and install the Clockwork Mod Recovery on your Sony Xperia E4 Dual.
4. Connect the phone to your PC via USB cable. Copy the file to your phone’s memory card.
5. Restart the phone in Recovery Mode using the ROM Manager. After the restart is completed, open the ROM Manager again and backup your personal information.
6. Go to Recovery Menu and perform the total data erase. After that, go back to Recovery Main Menu and choose the Flash ROM from SD Card. Navigate to the folder in which your is located.
7. Follow the instruction shown and then reboot the Sony Xperia E4 Dual.
There you go. It’s very easy to install Android Lollipop ROM on Sony Xperia E4 Dual, isn’t it?