Sony Xperia ZL Overview :
If you thought Xperia Z is amazing, but could make do without the waterproof part of it, Sony’s got you covered, as it introduced the Xperia ZL sibling, with an even more compact design. With its 5.18″ x 2.74″ x 0.38″, it is shorter than the Z, and a soft-touch curved back nestles it comfortably in your palm grip. The microSIM and microSD slots are situated under a large flap at the back bottom, and the phone is graced with a dedicated shutter key, unlike the glassy, watertight Z. Specswise it is identical – a 5″ Full HD screen with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, and the typical for the tech weak viewing angles, a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro, and a 13 MP rear cam with HDR video capabilities. The funky part here is not only the circular power/lock key on the right, but also the front-facing camera, which is situated in the lower right corner of the phone, where you are used to find one of the Android navigational keys, which here are on-screen. Besides the shape and size, there is a slight difference in battery capacity between the two – the ZL has a sealed 2,370 mAh unit, which is a tad bigger than the one in the Z. The long-rumored IR blaster is indeed here, with the accompanying app that allows you to use the phone as a remote control for a wide variety of TVs, home stereos and other assorted electronics around the house.
Sony Xperia ZL Sim Unlocking:
Unlock Cincinnati Bell USA Sony Xperia ZL to use any where in the world with any supported service provider like
Sony Xperia ZL Unlocking instructions:
1: Turn on phone with Not Accepted SIM card.
2: A menu will pop up to Insert the code.
3: Insert the provided code and press OK
4: Device is now unlocked.
How to Factory Reset/ Hard Reset Sony Xperia ZL:
How to Reset Sony Xperia ZL Pattern Lock:
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
- Switch off the handset.
- Now navigate to Settings -> Backup & reset -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Phone.
- Then choose option option “Erase everything“, and confirm that.
- Power off the device.
- Next hold and press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button until you see menu.
- In this menu choose option Recovery using Volume Down to navigate, and Volume Up.
* If Volume Up doesn’t work, then use Power button to select.
- Now you will see yellow triangle and Android logo.
- Then press Volume Down + Volume Up to see menu.
- Please use Volume buttons to browse option “wipe data / factory reset”, and confirm that using Power button.
- Select option “Yes — delete all user data”.
- After that accept “reboot system now”.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Now press and hold Volume Down.
- Then press and release Power button.
- Next you will see menu.
- Choose option Clear Storage using Volume Down to scroll, and Power button to confirm.
- Press Volume Up to confirm operation.
- Back up your important files, and download PC Companion from here: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
- After installation you will see window with 4 options.
- Now hover your mouse over the option “Support Zone Now!” and click “Start”.
- Next please wait, until your program Install a suitable additive.
- Afterwards from the window with 3 options choose “Phone / Tablet Software Update”, and click “Start”.
- Then click to “repair my phone / tablet”.
- Accept all information’s.
- Now your program will run “preparing computer for software update”.
- Select your model.
- After that you will see window with information’s.
- Follow the instructions, and connect your device into your Personal Computer.
- Make sure, that your phone is off.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home key + Power button together.
- When you see logo of your phone, then release holded buttons.
- Now use Volume Down to go down, and Home key, or Power button to select.
- Select option “wipe data / factory reset”.
- Next choose “Yes — delete all user data”.
- After that select “reboot system now”.
- Check your device, that is it on.
- Now press the phone’s dial-er and tap this: *2767*3855#
- Then confirm all information on your screen.
- Power off your device.
- Next turn it on.
- When you see that Led notification light turn pink, then (or ant other color), then press Volume Up or Volume Down a couple of times.
- Now you will be in Recovery mode.
- From the menu select option “wipe data/factory reset” using Volume buttons to scroll options, and Power button to confirm operation.
- Afterwards choose option “Yes — delete all user data“.
- In the end press Power button to confirm this: “reboot system now“.
- Good job!
How to Update Sony Xperia ZL to latest Firmware:
Update your software using PC Companion:
Before you start the software update, you need to have PC Companion installed on your computer.
Note: If you install PC Companion on a PC running the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system, make sure that the AutoPlay setting is enabled.
To enable the AutoPlay setting on a computer running Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system
- Click Start > Control Panel. In the search box, type “autoplay”, and then click AutoPlay.
- Mark the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices checkbox.
To Install PC Companion
- Turn on your new Android™ phone and connect it to a PC using a USB cable.
- New phone: Tap Install to install PC Companion on the PC.
- Computer: If a pop-up window that appears notifies you about available PC Software, select Run .
- Computer: Click Install to start the installation and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Tip: PC Companion is also available for download from the PC Companion download page.
Note: If you have just installed PC Companion on a computer, disconnect and then reconnect your phone before downloading the software updates.
To update your phone software using PC Companion
- Start your phone and connect it to a computer using a USB cable.
- Computer: Wait a few seconds for PC Companion to start. If PC Companion doesn’t start automatically, you can start it from the start menu on the computer.
- Computer: In the Support Zone application, click Start, and then select the Phone Software Update option. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: Do not disconnect the USB cable when updating your phone as it can damage the content being transferred.
How to Root Sony Xperia ZL:
You will lose all your data and it is possible that you may brick your device
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available. 2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
Rooting the Sony Xperia ZL:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Now double-click on file you have on your Desktop.
6. Select Normal Mode when it asks you to choose the mode.
7. Select the Root option and it’ll start rooting your device.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions.
9. And you should be rooted now! Congrats! Your Xperia ZL has been successfully rooted and the same can be confirmed by following the steps given in this post.