HTC Dream Soft reset
A soft reset clears the device memory and closes running applications. Perform a soft reset when your device hangs or freezes, is running slower than normal, or an application is not performing properly. If a soft reset is performed when applications are running, unsaved information will be lost.
To perform a soft reset
1. Remove the back cover.
2. Remove the battery for a few seconds.
3. Re-install the battery, replace the back cover, then turn on the device
To remove the back cover
1. Make sure the device is turned off.
2. Hold the device sideways with the control buttons on the right.
3. Slide the screen panel up to reveal the keyboard and the back cover release tab.
4. Gently push down the release tab with your finger until the back cover disengages from the device.
5. Pull the back cover out then set it aside.
HTC Dream hard reset
HTC Dream Android hard reset
1. The device must be powered OFF to Dream hard reset.
Note: If the device is not responsive and does not turn off, remove the battery and re-insert it.
2. Press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
3. Keep holding Home and Power together for at least 25 seconds, even if the “Startup” screen appears.
4. Release the keys when you see a black screen with a warning sign.
5. Slide the keyboard open.
6. As a shortcut, press ALT+W to factory reset the device. If this does not work, continue with the below steps.
7. Press ALT+L.
8. Press Alt+W for ‘wipe data/factory reset’.
9. Press the Home + Back key.
Note: You can also remove the battery and re-insert it.
Performing a factory data reset deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the device back to its initial stateâ€”the state before you turned on the device for the first time.
Important Make sure to back up important data you have on the device before you perform a factory data reset.
To perform a factory reset
1. Press HOME > MENU, then touch Settings.
2. Scroll down the screen, then touch SD card & phone storage.
3. Navigate to the Internal phone storage section, then touch Factory data reset.
4. When prompted, touch Reset phone. The phone resets and displays the Home screen.