Sony Xperia L Overview :
Sony Xperia L is a stylish mid-range device that stands out primarily with photographic skills. There’s an 8MP camera on its back with an Exmor RS sensor that enables cool features like HDR mode while shooting photos or video, just like on the Xperia Z flagship. In addition, you get a dedicated shutter key that can snap a photo in under a second straight from the lock screen. Other than that, the Sony Xperia L is your typical mid-range device. It is powered by a dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus SoC – the Qualcomm MSM8230 running at 1GHz. The 4.3-inch screen has a resolution of 854 by 480 pixels so it isn’t quite HD, although it should meet the needs of the average consumer. You can have the smartphone in any color, as long as it is black, white, or red. The exact capacity of the Xperia L battery has not been disclosed, but it should be capable of delivering up to 8 hours and 30 minutes of continuous talk time, or 7 hours and 36 minutes of video playback. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean comes out of the box, sprinkled with a number of interface tweaks on top.
Sony Xperia L Sim Unlocking:
Unlock SFR France Sony Xperia L to use any where in the world with any supported service provider like
Sony Xperia L Unlocking instructions:
1: Turn on phone with Not Accepted SIM card.
2: A menu will pop up to Insert the code.
3: Insert the provided code and press OK
4: Device is now unlocked.
How to Factory Reset/ Hard Reset Sony Xperia L:
How to Reset Sony Xperia L Pattern Lock:
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
- Check that if your phone is on.
- Browse to Settings -> Backup & reset -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Phone.
- Select option option “Erase everything”, and confirm that.
- First download flashtool from Sony website: http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/
- Make sure, that you have installed drivers for your USB data cable.
- Switch off your cell phone.
- Hold and press Volume Down, and connect to USB cable.
- Please follow the instructions in your screen, and accept appropriate options.
- Good job!
- Back up your important files, and download PC Companion from here: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
- After installation you will see window with 4 options.
- Now hover your mouse over the option “Support Zone Now!” and click “Start”.
- Next please wait, until your program Install a suitable additive.
- Afterwards from the window with 3 options choose “Phone / Tablet Software Update”, and click “Start”.
- Then click to “repair my phone / tablet”.
- Accept all information’s.
- Now your program will run “preparing computer for software update”.
- Select your model.
- After that you will see window with information’s.
- Follow the instructions, and connect your device into your Personal Computer.
How to Update Sony Xperia L to latest Firmware:
Update your software using PC Companion:
Before you start the software update, you need to have PC Companion installed on your computer.
Note: If you install PC Companion on a PC running the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system, make sure that the AutoPlay setting is enabled.
To enable the AutoPlay setting on a computer running Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system
- Click Start > Control Panel. In the search box, type “autoplay”, and then click AutoPlay.
- Mark the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices checkbox.
To Install PC Companion
- Turn on your new Android™ phone and connect it to a PC using a USB cable.
- New phone: Tap Install to install PC Companion on the PC.
- Computer: If a pop-up window that appears notifies you about available PC Software, select Run .
- Computer: Click Install to start the installation and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Tip: PC Companion is also available for download from the PC Companion download page.
Note: If you have just installed PC Companion on a computer, disconnect and then reconnect your phone before downloading the software updates.
To update your phone software using PC Companion
- Start your phone and connect it to a computer using a USB cable.
- Computer: Wait a few seconds for PC Companion to start. If PC Companion doesn’t start automatically, you can start it from the start menu on the computer.
- Computer: In the Support Zone application, click Start, and then select the Phone Software Update option. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: Do not disconnect the USB cable when updating your phone as it can damage the content being transferred.
How to Root Sony Xperia L:
You will lose all your data and it is possible that you may brick your device
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
1. First make sure you are running Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Build 15.3.A.1.17. Go to Settings > About to verify this.
2. Download this File – Root Xperia L Tool and extract it completely using WinRAR or WinZip.
3. Enable USB Debugging , Go to Settings > About phone and tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options, now Go to Settings > Developer options to enable Enable USB debugging mode.
4. Enable Unknown Sources. Go to Settings > Security and check Unknown sources.
5. Connect USB Cable to phone , then connect it to your Computer. On your phone Skip the PC Companion Companion prompt (if it appears), see screenshot below.
6. Right Click on My Computer > Manage , now Go-to Device Manager , and see if Android is listed like the below screenshot , to verify your device is properly connected. If yes move on to the next step.
7. Now go to the Folder where you extracted the downloaded file from Step 2, and execute ““.
Note:- If your device is not properly connected or ADB drivers are not installed , you will be stuck on daemon started successfully . To install ADB drivers install Sony PC Companion and then connect your phone with USB Debugging Mode ON , your drivers will get installed, exit PC Companion before starting the rooting process.
8. The Rooting Process will start , wait for some time , your phone will automatically reboot, wait for some more time.
9. When the Rooting Process is completed, the Screen will show –all finished–. Press Any Key to Continue
THAT’S IT YOUR PHONE IS NOW ROOTED