Sony Xperia SP LTE Overview :
Sony Mobile proudly unveils Sony Xperia SP LTE at the Mobile World Congress 2015, This well-equipped smartphone in a waterproof case is basically a successor to the Xperia M2 Aqua . The new model was provided with more recent hardware updates as the previous model was already much aged. What makes the Sony Xperia SP LTE so special is dust and waterproof housing that is IP65 and IP68 certified. It can be used up to 30 minutes in a water depth of 1.5 meters. The back of Sony Xperia SP LTE4, also known as the new M4 Aqua is made of scratch-resistant glass, so that it is similar in appearance to the current Xperia Z -top models. The housing is of high quality and the device fits comfortably in your hand. Sony M4 Aqua smartphone has a 5.0 inch touchscreen bearing 1280 x 720 pixels, display size is not very much outstanding for the price but still it’s reasonably appropriate. Sony Xperia Aqua display is made of scratch resistant mineral glass to prevent scratches and damage. Equipped with a Qualcomm octa-core Sony’s Xperia M4 Aqua bears a Snapdragon 615 processor, which consists of two quad-core units. The one running at a clock speed of 1GHz and the other with 1.5 GHz. Sony Xperia SP LTE is loaded with 2 GB of RAM, along with a 13 megapixel camera with autofocus having Exmor RS sensor and LED light. On the front of Xperia M4’s Aqua Edition there is a 5-megapixel camera ready to present you with some awesome selfies. Loaded with Android 5.0.2 aka Lollipop. It runs Sony’s own user interface, which has been adapted to the lollipop look. Sony Xperia SP LTE’s gorgeous looks are for those who emphasis on a waterproof smartphone and do not want to pay a lot of money. One currently does not have a lot of choices on the market and with Xperia M4 Aqua, now sony has introduced a decent water resistant machine with good hardware.
Sony Xperia SP LTE Sim Unlocking:
Unlock Virgin Sony Xperia SP LTE to use any where in the world with any supported service provider like
Sony Xperia SP LTE Unlocking instructions:
1: Turn on phone with Not Accepted SIM card.
2: A menu will pop up to Insert the code.
3: Insert the provided code and press OK
4: Device is now unlocked.
How to Factory Reset/Hard Reset Sony Xperia SP LTE:
How to Reset Sony Xperia SP LTE Pattern Lock:
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
- Start by turning on the device by holding the Power key for a short while.
- In the next step find and select Settings and tap Backup & Reset.
- Afterwards tap Factory Data Reset and then Reset Phone.
- Choose Erase Everything if you are sure you want to clear all your data.
- Next, select OK to confirm the whole operation.
- Well done! The hard reset has just been performed.
- First of all, you should download PC Companion, in example from here:http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
- Next, install and run this application.
- Then you will see window with 4 options.
- Choose option “Support Zone New!”, and click “Start“.
- Wait for the program to install the appropriate add-on.
- After that you will see next window with 3 options.
- Go to option “Phone / Tablet Software Update“, and click “Start“.
- Select “repair my phone / tablet“.
- Now follow the instructions and accept all information’s.
- Please be patient and wait until preparing computer for software update is complete.
- Afterwards choose your phone / tablet model.
- If you see this window, then connect your device into your PC.
- That’s all
- At first, download the flash-tool from Sony website:http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/
- Make sure, that you have installed drivers for your USB data cable.
- After that, power off your device
- Then press and hold Volume Down, and connect to USB cable.
- Follow the instructions on your screen, and accept appropriate options.
- Success! Your phone is ready to use.
How to Update Sony Xperia SP LTE to latest Firmware:
Update your software using PC Companion:
Before you start the software update, you need to have PC Companion installed on your computer.
Note: If you install PC Companion on a PC running the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system, make sure that the AutoPlay setting is enabled.
To enable the AutoPlay setting on a computer running Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system
- Click Start > Control Panel. In the search box, type “autoplay”, and then click AutoPlay.
- Mark the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices checkbox.
To Install PC Companion
- Turn on your new Android™ phone and connect it to a PC using a USB cable.
- New phone: Tap Install to install PC Companion on the PC.
- Computer: If a pop-up window that appears notifies you about available PC Software, select Run .
- Computer: Click Install to start the installation and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Tip: PC Companion is also available for download from the PC Companion download page.
Note: If you have just installed PC Companion on a computer, disconnect and then reconnect your phone before downloading the software updates.
To update your phone software using PC Companion
- Start your phone and connect it to a computer using a USB cable.
- Computer: Wait a few seconds for PC Companion to start. If PC Companion doesn’t start automatically, you can start it from the start menu on the computer.
- Computer: In the Support Zone application, click Start, and then select the Phone Software Update option. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: Do not disconnect the USB cable when updating your phone as it can damage the content being transferred.
How to Root Sony Xperia SP LTE:
You will lose all your data and it is possible that you may brick your device
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
ANY Sony Xperia Z Series(maybe work on T series or other)
An app called “Kingroot” you can download here: https://android.xda.com/download-kingroot-application latest version recommended
- On your Sony Xperia device, enable usb debugging ( setting – developer option – and tick on usb debugging option ) if you don’t have developer option, you can enable it by tapping on build number 7 times ( setting – about phone – tap on “build number” 7 times )
- Enable “unknown source” on your Xperia device ( setting – security – and click on “unknown source”option)
- Download the LATEST https://android.xda.com/download-kingroot-application ) (
- Once downloaded, install the ,
- Open kingroot and press on “Start root”
- Wait until 100%, and then there you go!
- Enjoy your Rooted Sony Xperia device with LOCKED bootloader!