Sony Xperia V Overview :
Sony Xperia V is an LTE-capable Android handset that is also water and dust-proof. In fact, Sony claims that their Xperia V offers the highest grade of water resistance among all smartphones available today. What you’ll find under the hood of the Sony Xperia V is a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM. The 4.3-inch Reality Display on its front has a resolution of 720 by 1280 pixels, and its main camera can take photos at 13 megapixels. Not too shabby for something that is also meant to resist the elements, don’t you think? The unit itself is 10.7 millimeters thick, which is a bit on the chubby side, but at least it is rather light as it tips the scales at only 120 grams. The smartphone will come in white, black, and pink. On the software side of things, expect Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich running out of the box, further enhanced using Sony’s usual set of Android customization tweaks. Also, Sony’s Music Unlimited service will come pre-installed, with a free 60-day trial for everyone who buys the smartphone.
Sony Xperia V Sim Unlocking:
Unlock Tele2/Mobile Norway Sony Xperia V to use any where in the world with any supported service provider like
Sony Xperia V Unlocking instructions:
1: Turn on phone with Not Accepted SIM card.
2: A menu will pop up to Insert the code.
3: Insert the provided code and press OK
4: Device is now unlocked.
How to Factory Reset/ Hard Reset Sony Xperia V:
How to Reset Sony Xperia V Pattern Lock:
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
- Power on the phone.
- Then Go-to Settings -> Backup & reset -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Phone.
- Now select option “Erase everything”, and confirm that.
- First you should download flashtool from Sony website: http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/
- Make sure, that you have installed drivers for your USB data cable.
- Now turn off your device.
- Then press and hold Volume Down, and connect to USB cable.
- Next follow the instructions in your screen, and accept appropriate options.
- Switch off your cell phone.
- Next hold and press Power button + Volume Up for about few seconds.
- Release them, when you see menu on your screen.
- Now follow the instructions on your screen.
- First you should download PC Companion, in example from here: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
- Install it and run.
- Next you will see window with 4 options.
- Choose option “Support Zone New!”, and click “Start”.
- Wait for the program to install the appropriate add-on.
- After that you will see next window with 3 options.
- Go-to option “Phone / Tablet Software Update”, and click “Start”.
- Select “repair my phone / tablet”.
- Now follow the instructions and accept all information’s.
- Please be patient and wait until preparing computer for software update is complete.
- Afterwards choose your phone / tablet model.
- If you see this window, then connect your device into your PC.
How to Update Sony Xperia V to latest Firmware:
Update your software using PC Companion:
Before you start the software update, you need to have PC Companion installed on your computer.
Note: If you install PC Companion on a PC running the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system, make sure that the AutoPlay setting is enabled.
To enable the AutoPlay setting on a computer running Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system
- Click Start > Control Panel. In the search box, type “autoplay”, and then click AutoPlay.
- Mark the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices checkbox.
To Install PC Companion
- Turn on your new Android™ phone and connect it to a PC using a USB cable.
- New phone: Tap Install to install PC Companion on the PC.
- Computer: If a pop-up window that appears notifies you about available PC Software, select Run .
- Computer: Click Install to start the installation and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Tip: PC Companion is also available for download from the PC Companion download page.
Note: If you have just installed PC Companion on a computer, disconnect and then reconnect your phone before downloading the software updates.
To update your phone software using PC Companion
- Start your phone and connect it to a computer using a USB cable.
- Computer: Wait a few seconds for PC Companion to start. If PC Companion doesn’t start automatically, you can start it from the start menu on the computer.
- Computer: In the Support Zone application, click Start, and then select the Phone Software Update option. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: Do not disconnect the USB cable when updating your phone as it can damage the content being transferred.
How to Root Sony Xperia V:
You will lose all your data and it is possible that you may brick your device
All described operations you are doing at your own risk.
Before You Begin
1. Rooting your Sony Xperia V may void your warranty or damage your device. You are solely responsible for using this guide.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin.
3. You Xperia V needs to be bootloader unlocked for this procedure to work. If you haven’t done this already, head to the Sony Mobile site to do this.
4. You should be running the 9.0.D.0.484 firmware for this procedure to work.
5. Make you have the necessary drivers installed before you begin.
6. Although data loss is unlikely, back up all data you care about before you begin the procedure.
Flashing Unsecure Kernel/TWRP Recovery on the Sony Xperia V
2. Copy Xperia.V.TWRP.Kernel.9.0.1.D.0.10.elf to the extracted folder.
3. Power down your device and put in fastboot mode. To do this, with the device powered off, press and hold the Volume Up button and connect your device to your PC using a compatible microUSB cable. You should see a blue LED light up, signifying that you are now in fastboot mode. If there are any drivers being installed at this point, let them do so before continuing.
4. Hold shift and right-click on any empty space in the extracted adb-fastboot folder, and then select ‘Open command window here.’
5. Run the following command:
fastboot flash boot Xperia.V.TWRP.Kernel.9.0.1.D.0.10.elf
You now have TWRP Recovery installed on your device!
Rooting the Sony Xperia V
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy the
2. Disconnect your device from your PC and power it down.
3. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode; to do this, press and hold the Volume Down button when you see the pink LED glow.
4. Once in TWRP, tap on the Install button and navigate to the location of and select it.
5. On the next screen, swipe the ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’ button.
6. Once flashed, reboot your device!
Once your device reboots, you should see the Superuser app in your app drawer, which means you are now rooted!